Friday, January 09, 2009

Israel United


Why Israel Is United -Carlo Strenger

Even the most liberal among us Israelis, are united in the conviction that Hamas' hopes to vanquish Israel must be shattered. Israel must destroy the illusion that it can be wiped off the earth.
(Guardian-UK)


Israelis See Gaza Campaign as Justified -Isabel Kershner

A majority of Israelis remain staunchly behind this operation, considering it utterly justified.

[T]hey hope that the country's leaders will not give in to international pressure to end the campaign too soon.
(New York Times)


Israel's Gaza Operation: "It's the Only Way"

Ruth Yashin, 85, involved in interfaith dialogue since 1966:

"I'm prepared to share this country with my Arab neighbors...but they hate me. What can I do? This is my homeland. I regret every child and every family hurt in Gaza, but I live in Ashkelon. Do you know how many air raids we have had there?"
(Guardian-UK)

No comments: